Back to KnowledgeBase

I have a public company (limited by guarantee). Can you change one of the clauses in the constitution in regards to the period of time a person may be on council?

No. You will need to find a legal practitioner (with some knowledge of public companies) who can look at the entire constitution to determine whether and how a change can be made, then draft the relevant clause, and probably assist you in getting the change then done and registered (as a public company, the changed constitution will need to be lodged with ASIC).