Back to KnowledgeBase

I have made an error on my instruction sheet and the company has now been set up. What can I do?

Where an error has been made on setting up a company (i.e., on the Form 201 lodged with ASIC), this can sometimes be fixed by lodging a Form 492 setting out the error, and sometimes proving to ASIC the reason for the mistake (e.g., a photocopy of the original instructions setting out the correct information). The Form 492 makes the changes as at the date of registration of the company.

Otherwise it may be necessary to lodge a Form 484, which advises ASIC of changes to the company after it has been set up. These changes are made as at the date of the relevant change.