Back to KnowledgeBase

Can you assist us with the winding up (vesting) of a Trust?

We can prepare a deed of vesting and supporting documents to wind up a trust. These documents will be prepared by our in house legal team in accordance with the terms of the deed, so we ask that you upload an executed copy of the original deed to the online order form.

If the trustee is a company and it is also going to be wound up, this should not happen until after the trust has been vested, as the trustee will be a party to the Deed of Vesting.

You will need to ensure that the trust has no income or assets as at the date of bringing forward the vesting date and that there are no remaining obligations to the beneficiaries.

You can order a deed of vesting online: Vest a Unit Trust or Vest a Discretionary Trust