Back to KnowledgeBase

Can I change the governing state for the trust later on?

Yes, the trustee would be able to change the governing state later (along with other terms of the trust), but this would need to be done by means of a Deed of Variation, varying the trust deed. You would need to get advice at that time, to ensure that such a change did not resettle the trust.