Back to KnowledgeBase

With the initial unit application monies, can these be refunded without redeeming the units?

You can't "refund" application moneys without redeeming the units, but, under our deed, the trustee can distribute capital (and the application moneys are considered capital) to the unitholders (proportionally) at any time.

Note that there may be adverse tax consequences where a unitholder receives a capital distribution.